View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 11:52 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I don't know if you've put any effort into the linux/makefiles, but I thought I'd post for you an error I am getting compiling the source under FC4, with gcc 4.0.2:

Code:
npc.o(.text+0x9d1): In function `NPC::Process()':
/home/eqemu/build/EQEmu-EQOffline/zone/npc.cpp:563: undefined reference to `Mob::BOT_Process()'
npc.o(.text+0xa0d):/home/eqemu/build/EQEmu-EQOffline/zone/npc.cpp:565: undefined reference to `Mob::PET_Process()'
npc.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV3NPC[vtable for NPC]+0x16c): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_IdleCastCheck()'
npc.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV3NPC[vtable for NPC]+0x170): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_EngagedCastCheck()'
pets.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV3Pet[vtable for Pet]+0x16c): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_IdleCastCheck()'
pets.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV3Pet[vtable for Pet]+0x170): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_EngagedCastCheck()'
horse.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV5Horse[vtable for Horse]+0x16c): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_IdleCastCheck()'
horse.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV5Horse[vtable for Horse]+0x170): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_EngagedCastCheck()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [zone] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eqemu/build/EQEmu-EQOffline/zone'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I don't know enough C to read what this means, except that something appears to be missing. Like a dependency on the new .cpp file(s) maybe? If you can advise, I'd love to check this out. No hurries. My vacation is over, back to work F/T+ for me! sigh...