View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
3. Under description, can you set up a description for the initial task window? For example: [0, This is my general description.][1, This is my description for step 1][2,3, This is my description for shared steps 2 and 3.]. Currently it is blank if step 1 and 2 are shared but if there is only 1 step, the main task window shows the entire text from the first step.
The way it works is that the entire description is sent to the client and it is the client which decides which portion to display based on which activity you are on. Are you saying it is not working like live ?

I think it maybe be possible to have an extra field in the task table for a description which is only displayed in the task selector window. If this new field was null, then it could just behave as at present.

Quote:
Alter the task table to have minlevel and maxlevel fields
Create a bool function for CheckTaskLevel()
Create perl quest function quest::istaskappropriate(taskid)
This would be simple to do. Could let them default to 0 meaning no level restriction. Anyone else have any input on this feature (and the extra field for a description specific to the task selector window) ?

Quote:
Odd text display. Here is what I am talking about. Please look at this task with your previous and new revisions. You'll notice the text gets cut short also.
I just ran through this task and can't see what you are referring to. Which text gets cut short ?