Thread: Finding Opcodes
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 05:03 AM
trevius
Developer

Unless I am mistaken, it looks like any change to the .conf files requires a server reset to take effect. Or, is there a way to do it via command or something without a complete reload? That would help quicken things up. Especially since I am testing on a live server with lots of players.

For anyone wondering if the Digital Downloads from SoE are a packaged set of files, I wanted to clarify that they are NOT. I went ahead and purchased the 20$ digital download "Starter Pack", but it didn't give me any actual link to download a package. The only way I was able to get the new files was to use the new beta sony patcher, which unfortunately patches to live.

So, it looks like we are currently stuck with Anniversary Edition as being our only option for upgrading the emu unless we want to chase live, which is probably very unlikely. It is unfortunate that the Anniversary Edition is already almost as hard to get as Titanium. Very few stores still have copies on the shelf and many don't even sell it online either. Though, if someone wanted a copy, I don't think it would be too hard to get just yet.

And, thanks KLS, for working on this. If you can come up with something, I am sure it would make a big difference and help the project to keep moving forward. I am still investigating the opcodes as well, but your knowledge and experience far exceeds my own lol.