Thread: Finding Opcodes
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 06:54 AM
KLS
Administrator

I put some code into the server just to see how the code works further. To analyze live packets I believe you would need something to analyze the entire stream; or at least the session request since right now it appears the client receives a key from the server used to encode and decode.

Right now the emu always sends back: 287454020 which is (0x11223344), I actually added some logging to see what it was since the code has no commenting and can be kinda hard to follow at times, so I guess I got that part right the first time.

Basically:

Client creates protocol packet of OP_SessionRequest

Code:
pragma pack(1)
struct SessionRequest {
	uint32 UnknownA;
	uint32 Session;
	uint32 MaxLength;
};
pragma pack()
Server replies with a session responce

Code:
pragma pack(1)
struct SessionResponse {
        uint32 Session;
	uint32 Key;
	uint8 UnknownA;
	uint8 Format;
	uint8 UnknownB;
	uint32 MaxLength;
	uint32 UnknownD;
};
pragma pack()
Client -> OP_SessionRequest -> Server
Client <- OP_SessionResponce <- Server

the uint32 key is what we use to decode the packet if the flag for encoding (0x04) is set in format, and clearly the session would be the session id, format is the bitfield to store the encode and compression flags for the stream.

I'm still trying to understand it myself though, wtb code commenting -.-.

Oh yeah, also if we're trying to find a client -> server opcode that's pretty simple because you can just have it dump to log or terminal over the emu as stated above but a lot of the ops we're missing aren't client -> server and the ones we are is because the functionality hasn't been implemented and if it were finding the opcodes wouldn't be an issue obviously.

Last edited by KLS; 07-03-2008 at 02:57 PM..