Thread: Finding Opcodes
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 PM
trevius
Developer

Hmm, I may have answered my own question about using the logs to find opcodes. To watch them as they come in, simply open a terminal window in Linux and type:

Code:
cd /home/eqemu/server/logs
tail -f *.* | grep OpCode
You could probably add more stuff to grep for, but this seems to be a start at least lol. I already see some opcodes coming from my dozens of players that are unknowns. Now, if I can get a test server setup so that it is only me that is on, I can start testing and see if my idea works for defining opcodes. There are too many people on my server to use the system for testing without giving them all the boot for a while, so I will have to get a second one running.

Unfortunately my other PC is windows only, and I don't know how to do a tail in windows so I can grep for OpCodes only. So, I may have to build my other PC as dual boot to Debian Linux. Unless I can figure out how to run another server from the same PC I run my main server on. So, I will have 1 that only I can use. Maybe if I make another directory and set the config to use different zone ports... I dunno, but I don't think it would talk right on port 9000 with both server sessions wanting to use the same port to communicate with the login server.