View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:26 AM
harney4
Fire Beetle

After having played on the server for 10-15 hours now I wanted to go ahead and make a post about it on the forums here.

Most of you know me as Harney, Skeeb, Zhak, Podge etc. I've been around the eqemulator community since 2003ish ( my best guess ). I've played on Guildwars, KMRA, VZ/TZ, Winters Roar ( now Shards of Dalaya ), EZ EXP, Zarn Barn, 5 times and countless other servers that have come and gone over the years.

The Hidden Forest is a legit, fast paced (3-5x exp from what I can gather ) customized PvE server, it reminds me a lot of Winter's Roar. The server is extremely polished, the starter zone / hub zone is very thorough and has pretty much everything you'd want in such a zone.

Leveling goes to 70 and then AA's from there. I currently have 4 boxes at levels 55-56 and have enjoyed the leveling here quite a bit, there are quests / tasks in every customized leveling zone, and access to said zones from the teleporter in the hub zone. The grind that you normally experience on most emu servers definitely does not feel like a grind here, I've stayed in most zones even after I'm done with the exp for the items / clickies that are obtainable to gear all of my toons.

From what I've gathered on their forums and seen in game, they already have 4 raid tiers to progress through once you reach the end game and at least 2 raiding guilds currently.

The box is very stable, I've had no problems with server lag or connection issues, and I'm in Japan currently so that says quite a bit.

This servers population is going to grow immensely once the word gets out about it and people start making toons here. I really cannot stop saying good things about it, with having been around emu for so long, it's almost become the rule and not the exception to complain about how broken most of the servers are, my only complaint so far with this one is the lack of playtime I have.

If you're looking for a solid PvE server, I strongly suggest giving this one a try.

Look me up in game if you need anything

- Harney